I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Check your facts.
Thursday, September 29, 2016
This is north south east and western
Since coming back from Bestival I'm not really sure what I've done! I think it's random bullet point style stuff so here goes...
- Went for a coffee with Damon and to the pub with Abi and Laura which was so nice despite the fact it was fuckin Hounslow
- Went to Cafe Venice with Sebastian which was v nice, chilled with him and then went to see Bridget Jones's Baby with Amy and Alice the next day
- Went to Hounslow and Tesco with mum in one day, got an iPhone 6S
- Gym after work!!! For the first time in forever!!!
- Alex came round for curry and a beer and it was so sick, #banter was had and I'm gonna miss him when he's at uni
- Went to Topolski with Sebastian after work last week and had a drink and then went home and watched Gogglebox :-) and on the Saturday went to Wimbledon and Kingston with Rachel and Abi and the clubs were kind of shit but it was so nice to go out!
- Sunday I spent with my grandparents and then went for a walk which was v nice
- Monday I went for after work drinks with Amy which was really nice and stayed out later thanI meant to, we sat outside Topolski until it got v dark and yeah :-)
- Yesterday I had lunch at Spoons with Kathrine in Victoria and then went to Hail Mary after work! I met a load of Scandinavians in the Victoria (a theme is emerging) and spent most of my time talking to Sofie and Emilie until Kathrine came, and then when we got into Drapers it was everyone but still the four of us dancing loads
- Drapers was soooo sick but I did feel quite old lol and when we left me and Kathrine walked to McDonalds and then went back to hers to sleep, and I went to work and then a Mogden meeting on three and a half hours sleep lol but it was so fun!
Posted at 12:27 pm by ArghNotThePony
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
Big up the Brentford massive
Done a lot since the last blog :-)
On the first Saturday of September I moved out of my uni house for the last time and went out with Eline and her friend and Kathrine and some of her friends to the Queen of Hoxton after shopping in Westfield and a curry and that was so fun! Danced a lot and stuff :-) and had brunch with Eline on Sunday at the Chesterfield which was well nice
Tuesday night I went to Abi's house to see her and Jen and Rachel came too, we had wine and danced to the playlist we made for the journey down which was quite ridiculous but soooo fun, enjoyed that so much
Thursday we went to Bestival!! Flower drove down soooo early in the morning and we listened to the playlist and it was so sick, the queue was less so - we had to stand for three and a half bloody hours with our bags but when we got the tent up and had cider and went to explore the festival ground it was like yeee this was worth it
Friday we chilled in the tent, drank and did glitter make up and it was so nice to relax and have like no obligations lol, we went to see Years and Years, Damian Marley, Skepta and Major Lazer and jfc the last two were soooooo good, went to see Diplo after but it wasn't as good as last time because we couldn't get close, and then the others went to see Katy B but I was way too tired
Saturday was good, we went to see Lady Leshurr and Craig David who were both so good, then back to the tent to drink before going to Kurupt FM, and I was so tired but we dropped and then I felt gr8, Flower was fully fully gone hahah but then she perked up and Kurupt FM were sooo sick, we were basically at the front and we danced all through that shit :-) and we stayed for Goldie's set, I've never really listened to Goldie but it was absolutely sick, he played Marka at the end which we went off for and we were all actually at the front and I wasn't tired and I was unbelievably happy! We went back to the tent and chatted for ages and it was #sick - Jen also told us she used to think the German for I love you was icky licky dicky which made me laugh so much
Sunday was sick too but the toilets were fuckin filthy - we went to see Krept and Konan and Kano but we were so knackered we sat down for most of it, Abi was in a bit of a state in the morning hahah and we were all on a massive go slow and I bought a v phallic looking bit of liquorice but lost it in the dirt :-( but at night we went to see Sean Paul who was actually underwhelming and then to the forest, then we saw Fatboy Slim which was pretty sick although repetitive and I was chewing my bloody cheek off, saw a bit of Shadow Child and back to the tent for a v short sleep but man despite how disgusting I felt it was such a good weekend and I have a bit of festival blues now (and a massive cold)
Monday we packed up really early and drove back, me and Abi had a chat and Rachel and Jen slept in the back and we had ferry breakfast and I keep saying and and I hope we get to do it all again!
Posted at 02:03 pm by ArghNotThePony
Thursday, September 01, 2016
I honestly haven't done much since the last blog except be tired and rundown and stressed and sad lol
I went for cocktails with Amy and Alice at the Be At One on Greek Street but then cried on the way home hahaha
Ooooh I had one nice day, it was mine and Sebastian's anniversary and we went to the cat cafe and I love the cats so much jfc and then packed up some of my stuff and then went to the People's Park Inn for the first time ever and it was soooo lovely, sat out in the garden and was v cute (how many 'ands'?! I can write I promise)
Rebecca came to visit me at work last Friday and we had fish and chips on the terrace :-)
Saturday I packed up more of my shit and brought it home, Sebastian helped and then me and him went for brunch at the Chesterfield and then a walk by the canal and a shandy by the Palm Tree which was lovely :-) have done a lot of hanging out with my grandparents too which has been v nice
Sunday went to the gym for the first time in ages which was so nice, and went again on Monday to a class which I'm quite proud of myself about! It was Body Pump which hurt like fuck tbh but was soooo fun
I went to meet Amy after that at the Fallow Deer which was nice then we walked to Teddington Lock and sat for a bit
Tuesday, Wednesday and today have been shit at work lol but on Tuesday went to the pub with Abi, Abby and Rachel and that was soooo nice! Love the Blucher, and then boy people came and I was like meh but whatever I guess, and then me and Rachel went back to Flower's house for an extra vodka just like she never left! Which was gr8 :-)
Posted at 02:18 pm by ArghNotThePony
Sunday, August 21, 2016
Never have I ever been chucked out of Pryzm
I've had such a busy week this week even though work dragged like shit
- Tuesday I went to the Old Thameside Inn with Alex and we had three beers and I was properly feeling them tbh and we talked about everything and it was sick! This was after I took him on a tour of Parliament which I think he quite enjoyed :-) on the walk back to Waterloo we stopped to take loads of pictures and listen to music and it was sooooo chill and nice
- Wednesday I did a tour with some people and they were really nice, and then after work I went to a pop up bar on Southbank with Mary and Rebecca and we drank Pimms (pumms) and chatted about stuff n it was v cute
- Thursday after work I met Rachel and Abi!!!!!! Omg she is back from Australia and I am so so so happy, we went to the Prince Blucher which is my absolute fave and shared two bottles of wine and had beers and it was like she never left!! Abby came for the last hour too and ahhhh it was just the best
- Friday I went for a two hour lunch (lol) with Abi and Rachel in Bill's in Richmond, we drove there and back and it was just so nice and I was v happy, and then in the evening Sebastian came over and we had curry and chilled and I was beyond tired tbh
- In the morning we went to Hounslow and had a wander around and I got my eyebrows done and stuff like that, bitty things, and chilled out before I went to see nan and grandad and helped them defrost a freezer and chilled with them :-) then in the afternoon Laura came round and we ate and got ready to go out which seemed to take ageeeees but it was still fun! We then met Rachel on the bus and went to Abi's and she has a new cat! Her name is Misty and I'm in love, she is fully beautiful and I love her!
- We played never have I ever and then there was some Rachel drama lol and we listened to a bit of music and it was really fun, but as soon as we got to the club it went a bit weird, we got in for free because these creepy guys wanted us to sit at their table but I was so tired already and then Abi bloody went missing and we spent ages looking for her
- We couldn't actually find her and we went back home without knowing where she was but found out this morning she got kicked out and got home at 7 and the club's procedure was shit but blah blah blah, me Laura and Rachel went to Spoons before meeting Flower at Starbucks where she told us everything hahahaha and then I went for dinner with nan and grandad :-) had a bath bomb afterwards and I've chilled so a v nice week all round!
Posted at 12:26 pm by ArghNotThePony
Monday, August 15, 2016
'I'm just so angry all the time'
I went to Berlin! I'm not even going to try and be chill about it bc I'm fully not looool I loved it
The week just gone all I did was go to Franco Manca and Chiswick Tabard with Sebastian before I went to Louisa's after my half day on Friday, her stepdad drove us to the airport and we had Nando's and Spoons before meeting Camilla in the departure lounge and then playing would you rather on the plane which was well fun
When we got to the hotel we were like dead so we just went to bed, and when we woke up the next morning we went to Distrikt in Mitte for breakfast and I had buttermilk pancakes, they were sooooo nice!! We walked to the German Parliament after that and from there to the Brandenburg Gate, the Holocaust Memorial and the memorial for murdered Sinti and Roma, and then the Holocaust museum all of which was v interesting but v sobering
We then walked to Kreuzberg through Tiergarten and it was really cute, we stopped for a drink and then went back to the hotel to chill for a while before going out again. We went through Viktoriapark by accident but we found a cool stream where you can see a street at the bottom and a really cool statue in the middle so it was all good! We then went to a really nice Italian but there was cheese in my pasta :-( but it was still so good! We just talked and then we were laughing about the bit in Harry Potter where he's like 'I'm just so angry all the time' and idk why it was so funny but it was
We went to two bars after that, one of which served huuuuge and very alcoholic cocktails and then one where I had a naan bread too and then we went back to the hotel
When we woke up the next morning we were starving and we bought pastries that none of us really liked before buying bread in Yorckstraße and going onto a bit of the Berlin Wall where you could see from a viewing platform where the people were shot between the walls and then a museum that explained about the process of splitting the city and its resistance which I found v interesting
Then we went to the East Side Gallery which was so interesting, the murals were so brilliant and we saw an exhibition on one side of Syrian refugees who had been affected by the revolution in Syria and its aftermath. We went to a restaurant on the river and it was all just v cute but then we had to go back to the hotel because Camilla had to catch a flight :-(
After Camilla left me and Louisa sat in the hotel lobby for a bit to recuperate and then went to Neukolln for Sudanese food at a place called Sahara and omg it was so fucking good I can't even explain, and I wish I could have explored that area more, we spent like the whole meal bitching it was great hahahaha
Then we went to the airport and our flight was delayed :-( so we were soooo tired and we went straight to bed and I had three hours sleep so today I am dead but it was a 10/10 weekend!!!
Posted at 01:23 pm by ArghNotThePony
Monday, August 08, 2016
I've been doing a lot of work so not much interesting to write about there! I'm settling in but there's still stuff I don't know how to do obviously, it's OK and of course I'd rather be at uni but lol I think all my friends feel the same so it's not like I'm alone which defo does help.
In amongst the boring ass job stuff:
- Went to the London Apprentice with Amy and Alice which was v fun and cute
- Lunch at One Over the Ait for Damon's leaving and Sam's birthday which was nice and then went to nan and grandad's with mum and grandad made chips!
- Worked from Hounslow then home and then chilled in the garden with Sebastian which was v nice
- On the Saturday had lunch with Sebastian in Bellissimo's in Twickenham and then to Kingston with Rachel for some shopping, before we got ready for Anna's birthday at mine and then went, Abby came too and imo it wasn't the best because we didn't know anyone but it was nice to be out
- The Sunday I went to the gym and then slept in the afternoon lol
- Met people from NA at work which was cool before going to Spoons with Rachel, Kinga, Laura and Abby which was soooooo fun, we had drinks and bitched about people and had bare gossip actually and it was well sick and Abby met a guy at Anna's looool it was so jokes his conversation was dead, she was trying so hard hahahaha
- Went to nan and grandad's one day after work and grandad read out a really funny poem he'd written and it was v cute
- Went to a CCG meeting with Ruth and that evening went to the Prince Blucher with Sebastian which was lovely, we sat out in the garden and it was v chill and nice and we came home and felt v into each other which is cringe but cute
- Saturday I spent with Sebastian having v cheap lemonades and a baked potato up the high street and then we went to my grandparents' and mum came too - then Amy drove me and Alice to the Everyman in Esher and we watched Suicide Squad which was sick! Then we had some drinks behind Amy's house on the river and then a couple in her garden
- Sunday I ran 5km which I was p pleased with and hung out with my family and it was really nice to actually chill and spend time with them :-)
There's good and bad in everything I guess
Posted at 01:03 pm by ArghNotThePony
Sunday, July 24, 2016
A winner don't quit on themselves
#tfw u a graduate
I feel so nostalgic for some aspects of uni! But that is all of us in one boat and tbh I'm sure that'll hit more in September so let's just let that stew for a while
Monday I didn't really do anything and then on Tuesday went up for my graduation, it was 32 fucking degrees which made me want to die but it was quite cool! Got a lot of good pictures etc and was nice to see all my friends again but didn't really get that much of a chance to actually talk to anyone. It was quite cool when they said 'graduating with first class honours' before my name though :-) then went for curry with my mumma but it was still sooooo hot and the curry was sick but we were so tired
Went back up on Wednesday for Eline etc's business graduation and saw a load of people which was nice and much more relaxed, more of my friends do business so it was v nice to hang out and not wear the robes, that was cool and then went to Spoons with Mary before we saw Camilla and Louisa at a pub in London Bridge for a drink
Thursday I watched three episodes of Jane the Virgin in the day bc I'm disgusting and then went to Mary, Rebecca and Ellie's flat for predrinks, Eline and Vilde, Sam, Camilla and Nour were there too and it was so fun, we played loads of Cards Against Humanity and then some of us went to the Book Club but we left at 1am, I was dying looooool but it was such a fun night!
Friday I felt like death and went home around lunchtime before Sebastian came round and I napped with him, I was so dead, and then in the evening we ate in the garden and hung out in the garden and it was just v nice
On Saturday we went to the park in Meadway and had ice cream and sat in the sun, and then walked back through Crane Park and it was lovely and warm and then after I came home I went to meet Abby for an hour and we went to see Rachel at work before I went to meet Amy by the river for a picnic and beers, which we did for hourzzzzz (was v fun but I was v tired), I hadn't seen her for ages so it was lovely!
Today I went to the gym and didn't do much and slept at my grandparents' but this evening after collecting a guitar Sebastian came round and it was lovely! He really does make me smile v much :-) he was so excited about the guitar and idk I hate being soppy but he really is wonderful. Work tomorrow...weird to think that's my life now for like a year!
Posted at 10:01 am by ArghNotThePony
Monday, July 18, 2016
Have you seen or have you heard?
So it's been a while since I last blogged and a week of that was in work, which is going to make for v boring blogging tbh, so that'll be fun for the next year.
In between all the boring stuff I:
- Went to a pub in Wimbledon with Sebastian and drank wine and it was lovely
- Went to the gym a few times and started showering there which is actually quite relaxing and enjoyable, I really like the gym even though I kind of hate the gym because it's something that forces me to be both present and not. I think that makes sense
- Had a coffee in Whitton with Alex before spending the evening with Sebastian
- Went to Chiswick with Sebastian for breakfast! It was quite cheap and v lovely and he bought me a lucky cat from Waterstones for work and was patient af while I looked around all the books, before going for a curry with mum that evening
- Went to Franco Manca and the rooftop of the Alexandra with Louisa and Nour after my first full day of work
- Saw the Women in Transport APPG launch
- Went to a barbecue at Laura's with Rachel and met some people and had nice food and beer and chilled and sang Drake on an empty bus on the way home (with Rachel not alone) which was v fun and actually quite cute
- Heard Ruth speak at a maternity discrimination WH debate and she used basically what I had briefed!! I thought she'd change the words but she didn't and I found that possibly more exciting than I should've, and went to the gym after
- Went to Cafe Venice with Sebastian and had three courses for quite cheap and the food was lovely and so was he - this was after having fish and chips on the terrace at work
- Met Laura and had brunch with prosecco at Forge and Co, and it was v v nice and then met Rebecca and Owen (maybe they're together now), Mary and Ellie in Victoria Park for a picnic and it was soooooo nice
- Spent Sunday not doing much much but did go for a huge walk, longer than I've done at home for ages, which I enjoyed loads - not sure why I enjoy walking there so much but there's something that makes me feel very calm and again, inside myself. I mean even if I told people where I go, which I have done, I feel like it's very much something I do for me
- Met Alex in 28 degree heat and sat by the river in Richmond for ages having beers and listening to music and chilling, it was v calming and nice
I've also been learning Dutch, hanging out with my grandparents, reading and finishing All the Light We Cannot See and listening to Blood Orange's new album. I've been spending quite a lot of time inside my own head. I feel both content and not. I guess right now I feel content but not happy, but I can envisage future happiness at this point so I'm ok with that. It's a weird state to be in, I feel anchored in a way I find quite disconcerting but at the same time comforting. It's kind of nice to know the best bit of what could happen hasn't come yet - even if uni is the best, there's better to come than now. Maybe I'm weird in finding that a comfort.
Posted at 02:42 pm by ArghNotThePony
Monday, July 04, 2016
Who do you think of when you're lonely?
So the day after I did the last post we (well I say we, definitely not me) voted to leave the EU which is just The Worst Decision Ever and has caused so much anger etc but this is not me blogging about current affairs lol so yeah basically that sucked and I was hugely (and still am) very angry
The day we found out I went to Richmond with Rachel and Laura and we had food and a 'fizz bucket' (lol) at Slug and Lettuce in the sun and then went to sit outside on the balcony at Revs which was v nice, got way more drinks and sat in the sun and discussed that amongst many things and then after a while Kim joined us which was nice, then I went to work drinks and they were fine
That weekend I didn't do much, went to Cafe Venice with my mumma and went to the gym and stuff, and then on Monday I went to uni with mum and later Sebastian to pack up and bring home the majority of my stuff that's left up there except big things and kitchen stuff, and when we came home we had beer and cheesecake and watched England vs Iceland, and Sebastian supported Iceland which is 100% not ok lmao
On Tuesday me and Sebastian had breakfast in Twickenham and then went to mow my grandparents' lawns which didn't take too long before going to the Barmy Arms with Alice for a couple of drinks. Wednesday I did a 5km at the gym and then went to meet Mary, Louisa, Hannah and Ellie for drinks which was v cute and nice, and then walked back with Louisa to Waterloo and it was v cute
Thursday I went to Richmond with Alex and we had our customary browse in Whole Foods before getting a couple of pints and sitting by the river with music and it was really chill and nice, and in the evening I went to the pub with Rachel and Kim which was nice but I was bare tired.
Friday I went to Chiswick with Sebastian and we found SUCH a nice cafe, it was so lovely, and then also a book shop where all the books were so cheap and we had a lovely walk around :-) it was so cute and nice to do something different as well! V nice day and then in the evening we got fish and chips with mum which was very nice and I also booked flight tickets to Berlin with Camilla and Louisa!!!!
Saturday I spent some of with Sebastian and then I went to the gym before going up to Mile End with Rachel and having predrinks with Kathrine before going to the Book Club where they had a like bashment night going on which was so sick!! The music was so good and we had loads of fun and yeah I was v happy :-) and then yesterday I felt shit lol but we had Spoons breakfast and then me and Rachel went to meet Louisa via the DLR (love it) and we went to the Tate Modern because it's all new and it was v cool, loved some of the art and was massively underwhelmed by some of it looool. There's a viewing platform now which is sick and it was such a nice Sunday but jfc we walked 10 miles in total yesterday and today I am BEYOND tired lol
Posted at 03:53 am by ArghNotThePony
Thursday, June 23, 2016
Easily I'm the sweetest damn thing you ever saw
Lol I haven't written for so long
On my last week of uni I did bitty things like packing and shit for two of the days but on the Wednesday after work I went and met Rebecca, Ellie, Louisa, Eline and Nour for cocktails at this weird place in Piccadilly which was v nice, and then minus Rebecca and Ellie we went for dinner at this Greek place which was cute but overpriced and then onto frozen yoghurt :-) on the Thursday I was on the phone to Alex for two hours looool and then talked in the kitchen with Elinour for literally hours which was nice. On the Friday I did a 90 min round trip walk to Limehouse which was nice, then met Eline, Sam and Nour and some business people and then Rebecca in central and we went to All Bar One and had foooood and drinks and then in the evening I had a Final Curry with my flatmates hahaha insert crying emoji here, and then in the morning we had brunch at the Chesterfield then I came home with Eline (well she carried on to the airport) and omg did I cry or what, so predictable
The day after I did the Colour Run with Nour and Louisa which was actually so much fun! I wanted to die in parts which shows I really need to try and up my running game lol and it was v cute and wholesome and shit like that
I've been to work a few days since and I veer between feeling v capable and like I'm a kid dressed as an adult and will be discovered soon lol
I also had a coffee with grandad after the gym which was nice!! I think he really enjoyed it, I did :-) and nan helped me clear some of my room out which helped a lot
I've also been to the pub with Alice, watched the Red Bull soundclash with Sebastian after we cleared some stuff from Mile End, Alex popped in for an hour on Monday unannounced which was actually really nice (I'd had really low B12 levels and been feeling shite) and got kicked out of Pryzm with Rachel on Saturday looooool, was dead but she had predrinks and Abby came round and that was actually so fun. Also saw Louisa last night for Las Iguanas and cocktails and bitching about the EU referendum and annoying people from uni and generally being twins so that was v nice!
That's all I've done, being home is good so far but I don't like the fact I have a bit more time to dwell on the ennui of being alive lol because then I get a bit down and uni has been v good at distracting me from that. Also been reading a lot, both a good book called The Year of the Runaways and a book called When to Rob a Bank by the guys behind Freakonomics and am thoroughly enjoying having time to read again :-)
Posted at 12:09 pm by ArghNotThePony