I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Check your facts.
Monday, April 17, 2017
I've had over a week off work and it's been the nicest week of the year! I don't think I'm cut out for that employment lifestyle you know...
On Sunday I hung out with my grandparents and then went to Meadway with Alice and Amy and had some ciders which was v nice
Tuesday was definitely the best day, I met Alex and we got some beers and went to the riverside with the speaker which is basically what we do whenever it's above like 18 degrees hahaha
We just chilled and had some debates about fourth wave feminism and shit, and talked about life stuff, and it was sunny and lovely and it's so nice to see people you haven't properly seen for ages! We stayed there until like 5 and then I had to pop home because I was going for dinner with Abi which is a v cute idea on her part
We went to Zizzi's in Twickenham and I had the same lentil thing I had at Laura's birthday and we shared a bottle of wine and got matching well nice vegan pudding things and talked about how cute our waiter guy was because he was like 12, and it was v different and nice! I thought I wanted to go home after but we ended up at Spoons sharing another bottle of wine - obviously - after saying that we should do more things without alcohol...oops...10/10 day though, one of the nicest of the year
Wednesday I went to Hayes to meet Laura and we walked her dog and then went to Uxbridge for food in Spoons and a bitch, which was much-needed, and then for another drink in a different pub and it was great to see her as well!
Thursday I ran 5km without stopping which I'd never done before so I was absolutely chuffed, then I spent some time reading on my bed with a Spotify mix on which was soooooo nice, probably because I don't remember the last time I had a chance to do that. Then I hung out with my grandparents for a while which was also v nice, and went to Spoons with Alice for a couple of drinks which I was a bit tired for but enjoyed when I got there
Friday I got ready to go to Bath to visit Mary! Not much to say about the actual day (except Kendrick dropped a new album which I literally listened to on loop for hours and I am SO excited about still) but when I got there we had SUCH a good time
We had a really nice falafel-hummus-etc kind of dinner and then had a bottle of prosecco whilst we got ready to go out, then walked into town already tipsy to go to this pub called the Pig and Fiddle and we met her friend Jack, sat with him and chatted and then her friend Becky joined us. Then we moved onto a bar and sat there for a while and I chatted to a dnb DJ (who will hopefully become something so I can say I knew about her hahahahah) before going onto a dnb club called The Nest which was sooooo sick, exactly my kind of music and it went off tbh
Then we went to a place called The Common Room where we stayed for the rest of the night, had a good mix of pop stuff and slightly more niche stuff, good dancefloor and we drank exactly the right amount to have an amazing time without feeling crap! It was brilliant, and we walked home and ate lots of crisps and went to bed at 5am and it was one of the best nights out I've had for a long time
On Saturday we woke up at like 10.30 and got ready slowly before heading into Bath for brunch, we went to a place called the Wild Cafe and had suuuuch a nice vegetarian brunch which was so needed before moving onto a place called Beyond the Kale to have some really cool cakes that were all like raw vegan but tasted AMAZING. Then we walked home, drove to a National Trust place called Dyrham Park, went on a huuuuuge long walk in this beautiful park and saw deer and it was so lovely and really 'bracing' I guess lol if I was yer da and I spoke like that.
Then we made pasta with chunky vegetables and sat in front of a film with ice cream and blankets and were in bed by 11.30! #party
On Sunday we walked to Bath and I fucked off on the coach, and then we had a really nice evening at home with curry and the Palestinian film Omar and a couple of episodes of The Thick of It, sooooo needed
This morning I beat my best ever 5km time (but did stop to retie my hair up so...not the same as Thursday) and did some weights so am very happy and later will go to Abi's with Rachel for some pasta and maybe some wine! Back to work tomorrow but I don't even mind right now :-)
Posted at 03:37 am by ArghNotThePony
Sunday, April 09, 2017
T-shirt weather in the manor
Done quite a lot since the last entry :-)
Went to Liverpool and Rochdale with Ruth to look at empty houses which was pretty cool, I was genuinely shocked by the scale of some of the deprivation which I guess means I need to get out of my London bubble more lol but the day itself was v v interesting and enjoyable
I only worked a half day on the day after because I was so tired, and went to Bill's with Rachel and Abi for lunch afterwards which was v nice and chilled, and then saw my grandparents which is always nice
Went to the Blucher with Alice for an evening, fuckin love the Blucher and it was a sick evening and then the next day, went to Camden with Rachel and Abi to look for vintage clothes, and we all bought cord shirts which is for obvious reasons ridiculous. Also looked in Cyberdog (including the sex bit, who wouldn't) and ended up on the roof terrace of a pub with fish and chips and a couple of pints in the sun which was soooo nice, until it bloody rained! It was still a really great day though
Rushed home from that and went straight to Epsom for Louisa's birthday night out, which was in some dead club lol and tbh didn't enjoy that too much, wasn't at all the kind of club that I'd want to be in but the next morning chilling out round the breakfast table was quite nice.
On Sunday when I came home I saw my grandparents for an hour and then Abi picked me up and we went to Putney to watch Oxford vs Cambridge! Where she works has a balcony overlooking it and I fuckin love that elitist shitshow for reasons unknown to me, so it was sick! Had like six glasses of free prosecco which helped me cope with the incredibly Tory company that I was in, and we had a really good time I think! On the way back her mum took us to Spoons for another bottle of prosecco which was well nice, suuuuch a good day!
On Monday Rachel and I went to a talk at the RA on the function of modernist architecture in the post-war period and I was in my bloody element as you can imagine, and we went to Be at One beforehand so that made it even better!
Wine Wednesday was next obviously (quite proud that I went to the gym on Tuesday despite being out every fucking evening basically) and that was as fun as it usually is, and we sat on this bench watching swans afterwards, before going to Be at One but Abi tried to smuggle a bottle out as she normally does but bloody got caught, they were really nice about it when they could have been dicks but it put her in a shit mood and a bit of a dampener on our night!
On Thursday I got to work from home, and 'worked' in the garden on my Goldsmiths application and felt v accomplished because I basically finished it, so I was so happy, and had my Spotify daily mix on, did a bit of reading and chilled and it was so so lovely. Tanned all my back and got to see my grandparents too, got done for the evening really early and had a proper chilled evening.
Friday was boring but I managed to run 4km at the gym without stopping, when I've never done more than 1.5km without a short break before, so I was absolutely thrilled tbh. My fitness levels have improved so much in the last year and it makes me properly happy to see it paying off, and when I got home me and mum had fish and chips (which are really a feature of this post).
Yesterday I had a lemonade with my grandad at the gym, and then went to Richmond to meet Louisa, and we had food and a drink on the balcony of Revs (no surprises to learn I had fish and chips) and then we went down to sit by the river for a couple of hours which was v v nice because the sun was banging it out tbh
Came home for an hour or so then went to Rachel's, sat in the garden with her for a couple of hours and then we met Alex down the Nelson which was actually really fun, got a few more drinks and chatted shit and it was gr8! I now have a week off work which I am thrilled about tbh, so everything is good (until in a week when I have an aneurysm from the stress of how much work has piled up!)
Posted at 03:19 am by ArghNotThePony
Sunday, March 26, 2017
This week has been a bit of an odd one but I know next week will be busy af so the last thing I'll want to do is write about this one as well!
Sunday, Monday and Tuesday I felt horrible (which I now realise is because my vitamin B12 hadn't had time to sink in yet) so I really didn't do much at all, and then on Wednesday there was an attack on Parliament...
It's weird because in years to come I can say that I was there in the biggest terror attack (seeing as no motive has been firmly established I am cautious about using the word terror) since 7/7. We were going to go for a cigarette but an MP rushed and started shouting at us, and we thought it was a joke but it was an actual terror attack and we were watching it on the BBC. We were cooped up until 8pm and it was boring af but we sat in Stephen Timms' office and had biscuits and wine so that made it a bit more bearable, and actually getting out was an absolute nightmare! It took ages and I had to get an uber to the pub that I was meant to have met my uni friends at two and a half hours earlier but finally got there.
Had a glass of wine and a sambuca shot because I was so done with the situation, and it was Nour, Rebecca, Kathrine, Sam, Holly and Ellie and it was v nice indeed!
On Thursday I worked from home for obvious reasons lol and then in the evening went to Amy's house, and her mum had left us a curry she'd cooked and we had that and cheesecakes and drinks and listened to music and chatted allllll evening, and it was sooooo nice!
Friday work was really stressful but in the evening, me and mum went for a Jolly's for Mother's Day and it was sooooo lovely, then had a chill at home :-) Saturday I went to the gym, then Hounslow, and then in the evening out to Drapers for Merger Cup with Sof, Emilie, Cecilie and a couple of other really nice Norwegian girls that I hadn't really met before, and it was a really fun night!
Today I just died slowly and then helped mum mow nan and grandad's lawns, and then we went for a Starbucks and it was v nice!
Posted at 09:31 am by ArghNotThePony
Saturday, March 18, 2017
I've done quite a lot since the last entry (I must sound so fucking boring from my entries in here. There is literally no character. This is a list of my life. 35-year-old me, are you happy with this? Really?)
- The Monday after my birthday I did a half day at work and then went shopping with Eline and Vilde which was soooo nice, only bought some skincare but it was really nice, and we went to Pizza Express afterwards which felt like a proper treat. Then Kathrine came to join us, and me and Kathrine went to the Nordic Bar and met all the Scandis and hung out with Sofie, Emilie and Cec for a bit which was really nice
- Had a nice lunch in St. James' Park with Kathrine on one of the nicest days we've had so far this year, and after work went to a Tooting CLP event called 'Nevertheless She Persisted' and it was so inspirational, some really cool women got up and did their shit
- Went to the gym a few times and saw nan and grandad obv, which was nice, and grandad was on his steroids and being proper sassy which was great!
- On the Saturday me and Rachel went to the Victoria Miro in Angel and there was this sick exhibition, it was like a series of rooms made out of mesh with properly intricate detail and it was lovely. After that we went to the Earl of Essex pub and had wine, then beer, and food in their garden and stayed there for ages and it was the first pub garden of the year - I looooove a pub garden and it was such a good day!
- Beat my PB 5km in the gym on Sunday!
- Went to Spoons with Amy and Alice to celebrate Alice's new job and it was so nice! We decided to go out on Earth Day (coincidentally) next month and I don't know why we all found it so funny but we did! We had cocktail pitchers like we used to when we were like 19 and it was really really fun
- Work was good yesterday, I had a chat break with Amy for like an hour which was nice, and then after work came home and got ready to go out. Abi collected me and Rach and then we drove to Acton, sorted stuff out and then went to Sasha's for predrinks. Stayed there for a couple of hours listening to music and talking and then went to Brixton Jamm, the crowd were horrible and so aggressive and the venue was waaaaay too small so it was v sweaty but the music was sick so that was fine! It was a bit of a mixed night but it was v nice to see Sash again
- I feel weirdly fine today, considering I got in at 5.15am! I went for a coffee with Alice at lunchtime and we were proper in fits of laughter, and in half an hour Rachel is picking me up and then we're going to Abi's, and then to Wagamama because I can't decide whether I like the idea of vegetable katsu curry and I'm going to try it out! Will be a nice chill evening.
Posted at 09:40 am by ArghNotThePony
Sunday, March 05, 2017
Your doorstep first place podium
I feel like I've done quite a lot since the last entry but I might be kidding myself lol
- I was at a meeting with TfL which I found pretty interesting and that day I went to the pub with Alice and Carissa who I thought would get on well, and they did which was nice
- I had annual leave on the Thursday which was soooo nice even though it was the biggest storm day and windy af, me and mum went to the cat cafe which was properly nice and then had a walk down Brick Lane and the vintage shops and obviously Urban Outfitters, where I bought amazing (but expensive) trousers, and also got a pitch to Consented magazine accepted :-)
- Chilled at Abi's with Rachel on the day that Stormzy and Los Camp! albums came out and they are both SO good
- On the Saturday, I went to Hounslow and saw my grandparents and then met Nour for a coffee in Brick Lane (fucking £3.50 for a soya matcha latte and yes, I know how awful I am that I ordered that) which was nice, then we went to Rebecca's house and met Ellie and had wine and crisps and a gossip all evening which was v v fun and I enjoyed v much
- Sunday I went to the gym and had a coffee with Grandad afterwards which was really nice! Then went to grandparents' for a roast and in the evening, chilled with mum watching The Butler which was a really nice way to end the weekend
- Birthday was OK and went to Cafe Venice with mum in the evening which was really nice!
- Got a book of Audre Lorde essays and tickets to the Brixton rooftop beach from work :-)
- Went to a Channel 4 diversity lecture at work and oh my god all the white guys were actually horrendous but Riz Ahmed spoke and he was amazing! Inspiring and even borderline revolutionary, made the day a lot better! After work I went to the gym and had a really good time
- Friday I worked from the civic centre and it was fine, went for a couple of glasses of wine at the pub with Alice afterwards which I think was just very much needed! I picked up fish and chips for me and mum and we had them and that was nice.
- Saturday was birthday day! The day was pretty nothingy but then Rachel and Abi came round and Abi had made a Thai Sweet Chilli crisps cake!! It was brilliant, so realistic and I was sooo happy, and then we got on the train very baitly drinking wine lol and it was fuuun. Got up to Sofie, Emilie etc's flat and had pres there, did ring of fire, Mary got me a mug that says 'dick', got a book of drinking games, a bottle of sambuca and a bottle of tequila and Nour got me a bloody print of Los Camp! lyrics which is absolutely amazing and I love v v much
- We went to the Macbeth and it was really fun, the music (90s vs 00s) was good and I had a good dance but I lost Eline (she came back for it!!!) for a good portion of it and I was really weirdly tired which was a bit annoying, but still had fun! It was realllllyyy nice to see most of my friends and get to hang out with everyone :-) Left and Rachel puked in a drain lmao and we had to sit with this girl whose friends had abandoned her and was too fucked to leave so getting home took quite a while but it was still a really fun night and I enjoyed it loads!
Posted at 08:43 am by ArghNotThePony
Monday, February 20, 2017
So, the last week has been mildly eventful lol
Last Monday Abi and Rachel came to work and we did a tour and went out on the terrace and it was v fun indeed, after work I met them at a pub/bar thing called Studio 6 and Coleen Nolan was there looking haggard af and it was jokes
Tuesday was boring af but I went to the gym afterwards and really enjoyed it. Work was fine on Wednesday, we had a team meeting in All Bar One which was interesting and then I went to Slug and Lettuce with Rachel and Abi, we obviously ended up in Be at One and not so obviously ended up by the river where Abi threw up and she and I fell over looool it was sooo much fun
Thursday was fine, not much happened and I got to call Alex on the way home which was nice. Friday I worked from home/Starbucks and got to hang out with my grandparents and all that which was good, and then me and mum went to Franco Manca in Chiswick and had pizza (obviously cheeseless for me) and it was v v nice!
Saturday I bought a really cool dress, and then in the evening me, Rachel and Abi (can you see a theme emerging here) went to see Wilkinson and it was absolutely fucking live except for all the topless guys here there and everywhere. The music was sick and we'd been waiting for it for ages so it was so good!
Then we went to Big Chill in King's Cross because it was free, it was really fun and had a lovely roof terrace although the music was a bit cheesy, and yeah I don't know really but it was all in all a good night even though I get the feeling I embarrassed myself a little bit by gushing lmao but I guess we've all been there
Then yesterday and today I've felt quite sombre. Sebastian and I have been on a break that I instigated for over a week and I have no idea what the right decision to make is, which is obviously fantastic, so yeah everything is rosy :-)
Posted at 02:26 pm by ArghNotThePony
Sunday, February 12, 2017
I overcome so you overcame
So, since the last entry
- I've protested against Trump after work with a lovely (cough) office-made silence is complicity sign
- Got back into my twice a week gym routine which seems to be doing wonders for how good I feel in myself
- Went to see A Streetcar Named Desire and have a glass of wine at Hampton Hill Playhouse with Alice which was soooo fun!
- Had a couple of after-work drinks with Carissa
- Beat my 5km PB twice! First last Sunday and then beat that this Sunday so I'm pretty pleased
- Went to Nour's birthday, saw her flat and did some pretty chilled predrinks before going to this bar but her utter bitch of a friend (the 'ugh, who eats Spoons food' girl) got into a fight with a bouncer and got everyone kicked out because she is Utterly Selfish
- Facetimed Alex which was v nice
- Got told my job is full on and I'm good at it by John Healey's political adviser which was an absolute confidence boost
- Got told by Ruth that I'm cleverer than her (guessing she meant at my age) which was another huge confidence boost!
- Went to Anna's with Rachel after work, watched a horror called The Boy and chatted (got Maccy's before obviously) and it was chilled and nice to catch up (god I hate that term so much)
- Saw Lion with Sebastian, which was a really really good film
- Went to Zizzi's with Amy and had really good food, then went to watch The Play That Goes Wrong which was actually better than I thought it'd be, despite being a bit too stupid at points, and then ended up in a Canadian pub which was actually so fun! Really really good evening
- Today after beating my PB again I had a coffee with grandad in the gym cafe and I've seen my grandparents quite a bit which is really nice :-) not a bad week this last week!
Posted at 08:03 am by ArghNotThePony
Sunday, January 29, 2017
This week has been nice! Just chilled out after work on Monday and Tuesday which was quite nice, on Wednesday we went to Hail Mary though!
I went to Kathrine's after work and we got ready and had some (gross) prosecco, and then went to Scape and played this weird drinking game and then got ready to go, and it was really fun! I spent all night with Kathrine and a lot of it with Sofie, Emilie and Swedish Sebastian and it was jokes, went to McDonald's with Kathrine and Sebastian after and had some banging chips and that was really nice
Thursday at work following on from that was obviously hell but got to have fish and chips with mum, nan and grandad afterwards which was v nice indeed :-) and then on Friday I got to work from home/Costa which was also nice, and then afterwards Rachel ran me down to Tesco and I do really like big Tesco ahahaha
Sebastian came round and we watched some shit TV and I made pasta and that was nice to just have a chill, then on Saturday morning I popped to Hounslow and then watched Mr. Robot's season 2 finale finally, and seriously being at work really makes watching TV in the middle of the day feel like such a luxury!
Then I started getting ready and got trains being v overdressed to go over to Mile End for Kathrine, Sofie and Kristine's birthday celebrations and I was so early but it was nice and we chatted and I talked to Emilie for a really long time which was v nice, we played a game of ring of fire, completely butchered happy birthday and it was all good!
We went to the Hoxton Pony and even the uber there was so fun! I always feel guilty per se being in an uber but it was v v fun and the club was so good too! Had a sit down and a dance and the music was really sick, really enjoyed dancing and Kathrine's friend loves grime so we had a good chat about that and a really weird dance off where I must have looked like an absolute twat but I thought I looked good at the time and that's what matters I guess! It was suuuuch a fun night out :-)
Posted at 04:27 am by ArghNotThePony
Sunday, January 22, 2017
Quite a busy week for the first time in a while because I seem to be actually better, three weeks after bloody contracting the last thing, four weeks since the cold and five since I fucked my foot in the door at Laura's! And it feels sooooo nice
On Monday work was as usual but had a coffee with Damon which broke up the day and was v nice and then watched some crap TV at home, Tuesday I went to the gym and did an actual workout for the first time in ages and it was so ridiculously cathartic! I also wrote an article about Killer Mike which I really enjoyed, made me realise how much I miss writing even though I'm not actually sure how good I am at it
Wednesday after work I went to Pizza Express in Richmond with Amy and Alice which was so bloody lovely! I couldn't even finish the pudding because I just have no appetite in comparison with what I had before I was ill and hopefully am going to be able to keep up with that. It was a really chilled out meal and afterwards we went for a drive in Alice's car and it was v v nice
Thursday Grandad ended up going to hospital which was obviously shit but he seems to be recovering now so fingers crossed on that front, I really hope so.
Friday fucking Trump was inaugurated (lol) so we're all doomed, but except for that didn't have a bad day! Got to leave work early and saw nan and grandad for a couple of hours which was really nice, and then went to Abi's house with Rachel and we had mojitos, none of which were particularly appealing, listened to loads of good music and some Abba(???) and I posed for a photoshoot on the floor, got some good video of that, discovered Ben Chipps, got a nice video of Rachel twerking and it was so nice
Saturday I went to the gym in the morning which I really enjoyed, hung out with nan and grandad all afternoon which was v nice and Sebastian came in the evening. We had fake chicken burgers and watched Horrible Bosses and that biopic of Amy Winehouse which was fascinating and felt a bit intrusive at the same time
Today we woke up - I feel like I've hardly slept - had some food and went to get some trains, all of which were fuckin delayed or cancelled, but finally I made it to Angel for Rebecca's birthday. Me and Nour got a coffee first and sat for a while before going to this pub called the Island Queen which was v sweet and overpriced, it was really nice to see everyone and was a really chilled out afternoon which I enjoyed a lot. Roast was really nice, drinks were really nice, everyone seemed happy and relaxed and I have felt it way more this week too! :-)
Posted at 12:41 pm by ArghNotThePony
Sunday, January 15, 2017
So, since the last entry a couple of cool things happened and then I got ill af and have hardly been able to do anything!
The day before NYE I went to Kingston with Alex, he tried some shoes and aftershave and we went to Five Guys and tried the new gross fizzy drink flavours, and then he came back to mine and we had coffee from the cafetiere that mum bought me for Christmas and peppermint tea, and listened to Kaytranada, watched the Chicken Connoisseur and chatted for a while and it was v nice :-)
On NYE, I went to Electric Brixton with Rachel and Abi and it was sooo much fun! We dropped before going in and it was good, it lasted until like 2am and we watched Disciples do a headline set and all these balloons came down for the new year and everyone was being really nice and saying happy new year to everyone and it was sick! Did it again at like 2am and Rach needed to sit down for a while so we all sat down on these seats and it was chill and just felt so relaxed, had another dance then another sit down on this ledge where we could see the whole venue and then a final dance to Shadow Child and it was just so so so fun!!
The day after I thought I was dying for the usual reason but I was actually bare ill with a fever, and I didn't leave the house for three days but I did watch Hypernormalisation by Adam Curtis finally so I guess that's good!
I got to see quite a lot of nan and grandad which was really nice, and managed to go to the pub with Abi, Rachel, Kinga and Laura but I felt pretty shit while I was there which sucked, worked from home/Starbucks the day after which I actually really enjoyed, and took Sebastian for a birthday meal afterwards.
Felt a little bit better on the Saturday and met Mary and Rebecca in Richmond, and we walked to the Roebuck and met Louisa, Rhian and Kathrine and we had a really nice chatty pub lunch and then a walk up to and through Richmond Park and saw loads of deer! That was really nice, then had a walk down the river with Mary, Kathrine and Rebecca on the way back to the station and that was v nice too. In the evening I watched the Theory of Everything with mum which was cute, and the next day hung out with nan and grandad and then watched Community and Sherlock with mum which was nice.
This last week I've been feeling weird, like ill but mentally there, and I went to the Fox with Rachel and Abi on Tuesday but I think I was still too ill to drink and I felt properly shit after it, like pukey ill.
This Friday I went up to London after work to the Slug at Waterloo for Ellie's birthday, had two weak cocktails and felt OK. It was really nice to see everyone, I hadn't seen Sam for a couple of months or Holly since like graduation so it was really cute, but I was still pretty tired. Was worth it though!
This weekend I haven't done v much, I went on a nice walk yesterday and discovered a nice pub by the water in Isleworth and I really want to go there when the weather is nicer, really enjoyed that, and hung out with nan and grandad for a couple of hours. Watched some embarrassingly shite TV with mum in the evening and have had a headache all day today but got to spend some time with nan and grandad, although grandad seems to have got something like my virus which sucks :-(
Posted at 10:05 am by ArghNotThePony